A year-old North Vancouver man who sent a sexual image of his teenage ex-girlfriend to her friend will not face criminal consequences. Instead, the man recently agreed in North Vancouver provincial court to enter a one-year peace bond agreeing not to contact the girl or go near her home or school. The man was originally charged under a section of the criminal code that makes it a criminal offence to knowingly transmit an intimate image of a person without consent. That charge was dropped Nov. The man was 18 at the time and his ex-girlfriend was During their relationship, intimate photographs were taken, said Herron. When they split up and the girl began to date someone else, she started to get phone calls and texts from her ex-boyfriend, threatening to send one of the images to her new boyfriend. The ex-boyfriend sent a photo to a female friend of the teen instead. While parts of the photo had been blurred, the girl still recognized herself and was very upset, Herron told the judge. Nearly a third of Vancouver families led by a single parent.
We'll send you a link to create a new password.
A Toronto man looking for a travel partner with the same name as his ex-girlfriend has finally found his match. The journey began last month with a post to Reddit. Want a free plane ticket around the world? In the post, Axani said he was stuck with tickets purchased at a discount but worth several thousand dollars. The year-old said he was surprised so many media outlets jumped on his story. Luckily, the name was common enough that 18 different Elizabeth Gallaghers came forward. The winning Gallagher, a year-old student, says she plans to use the trip for more than just sight-seeing.
Please confirm the information below before signing up.
A year-old Peterborough boy faces several charges including sexual assault, assault, break and enter and forcible confinement following a domestic investigation, police say. Peterborough Police Service say the accused and a female teen were previously involved in a domestic relationship. Police say on Monday the boy allegedly threatened the girl in order to gain entry into a residence. Once inside the residence, the accused allegedly sexually assaulted the girl and prevented her from leaving, police say. The incident was reported to police.
Judge Duane Dougherty said in his ruling Wednesday that he relied heavily on the mental health experts who examined the boy and concluded that placing him in an adult correctional setting would be harmful. Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine expressed dismay at the ruling, saying that the attack could have ended in a homicide. Security video from the Oct. We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed. Subscribe to CityNews Toronto newsletters.